A blender can considerably save your time in the kitchen by easily blending and more quickly pureeing foods. Blenders vary in terms of their type and design, features, power, and accessories. They are ideal for making shakes and smoothies, salad dressings, mixing pancake or cake batter, making salsa, making purees and sauces, and blending baby food. Here are a few tips on how to use the blender:
- For many blending tasks, pulse is often more appropriate and sufficient.
- Avoid running your blender longer than required and extended operation as some of the blenders are not equipped with overload protection.
- Do not operate the blender until the blender jug or jar has been securely placed on the base unit.
- Always hold down the lid while operating the blender despite how tightly the lid is fastened on the jar.
- Avoid operating the blender without placing the lid on it as even small quantities of food can create a big mess in the absence of the lid being securely placed.
- To easily clean between different blending batches, add a small amount of dish-washing liquid or detergent and warm water to the jug, and pulse. Rinse the jug thoroughly.
- One the entire blending tasks are completed, disassemble the lid, blade, and jar from the unit and wash them carefully.
- Avoid completely filling the blender and leave at least one third room for expansion.
- Put liquid ingredients first in the jar and hard ingredients at the last. This would ease blending and ensure a uniform consistency is reached.
- Cut food items such as vegetables in smaller portions to ensure proper food circulation around the blade.
- Check for your blender’s product information to confirm if it is capable of blending hot items. Carefully blend hot liquids if your blender supports so. Start with the lowest speed and take off the lid cap so that steam would escape.
- If you do not have the product information for your blender and are confused in terms of extended food processing and ice crushing functions, you can assume that it can blend, stir, puree, or mix thin batters, dressings, liquids, and soft foods.
- Before changing the speed settings of your blender, allow it to completely come to a stop.
- Never immerse the main base unit of the blender in water. For cleaning the base unit, wipe its exterior for any spills and dirt using a damp cloth. Ensure that the appliance has been unplugged when you are cleaning the base unit.
With these tips you can use your blender efficiently and safely.Read More